At East Devon Golf Club we value our Junior Section and actively seek to encourage young people to:
- Take up the game and develop their golfing skills with the help of the development and coaching provided.
- Enjoy playing golf on one of the finest courses in the South West.
- We have been awarded the GolfMark accreditation by England Golf with particular reference to our Junior Section.
GolfMark is a national accreditation designed to support golf clubs in achieving a high level of operating standards.
We are committed to upholding high standards for safeguarding the welfare and safety of children in our care.
Our Juniors' Committee - what we do
We co-ordinate the activities of the Juniors' Section; this includes:-
- Group and tailored coaching opportunities - including links with Exeter University's elite golfers
- The National Skills Challenge programmes & practice evenings
- Support in gaining a handicap
- Guidance on conduct and etiquette
- League and team matches and regular competitions
- Junior members and non-members can benefit from the regular coaching sessions led by the Club's PGA Professionals.
There is supervised junior practice with Level One PGA coaches on Sundays, and on Wednesday evenings in the summer.
Over thirty specific junior competitions are arranged during the year with league and team matches also played against other clubs.
These, along with the opportunity for juniors with a CONGU handicap to play in the Club's Ladies and Mens' competitions, provide an opportunity for juniors to test their skills in challenging conditions.
Young golfers have the opportunity to become members of the Club at competitive rates
Please contact us for more information about our junior membership packages.